Thursday, May 14, 2009

Chunky Chocolate Vanilla Cake

Posted by VanillaSugar at 12:52 AM
This my best recipe. Although it sounds very simple, it tastes heavenly. I make it every other day because it gets over in two days! I don't have a picture yet because I havent baked it in sometime. But as soon as I bake it I'll post a picture. However, I have taken a picture from google images to make this post look more appealing.:P

Ingredients:

1. 4 oz unsalted butter
2. 2 eggs
3. 2 cadbury dairy milk bars(or any other milk chocolate)
3. 5 oz brown sugar
4. 5 oz plain flour
5. 3 oz whole wheat flour
6. 2 spoons of baking powder
7. 3 spoons of really good vanilla
8. 5 spoons of milk

Preheat the over to 180 C

Mix the unsalted butter, 2 eggs, milk, vanilla essence and sugar preferably in an electronic mixture as its much easier and faster; plus the batter doesn't curdle.

Sift both the plain flour and wheat flour with the baking powder in the previous mixture. Be patient and just fold them in. DO NOT OVER MIX.

Break the chocolate bars into uneven pieces (the bigger the tastier) and fold into the batter.

Line the baking tray( the size depends on the mixture, which should cover about 3/4th of the baking tray) with parchment paper or spread butter all over it lightly with some flour so that the whole tray is covered with flour. This is to make sure that the cake doesn't stick to the tray.

Put the tray in the oven for atleast 30 minutes. I recommend you keep checking the oven; from my experience what I've learnt is that the timing defers for different ovens. When the cake is golden brown put a knife through the center; if it comes out clean the cake is done! (let it cool though.. otherwise the bottom will stick to the tray because the chocolate pieces will still be molten)
I usually switch off the oven before time because I don't like dry cakes. Plus it must be noted that cakes are still cooking even when you switch off the oven.

0 comments on "Chunky Chocolate Vanilla Cake"

Post a Comment

 

VanillaSugar Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez